6.09.2011

Searching for a PB

Sorry for taking so long to get blogging about Ofsaa, but I have been loaded with schoolwork that I've missed out on while in Sudbury.  It was another great year for Ofsaa, with a great 3 days of racing, but this year Ofsaa wasn't as nice to me.  The past 3 years, Ofsaa gave me a few sweet PB's, but my luck ran out this year.  I ran 8:51 for 15th place, but I was completely out of the race by the time we passed 1km.  The first lap went out in 63, I came through near the back in 66, and the pace continued at that pace for a few more laps.  I went through 1km at 2:48, well back of the contenders.  I was hoping for a top 8 finish, and looking at the results, my grade 11 time would have put me in 9th, so there really was no excuse for not being up there, I just simply didn't have it that day.  And my 3000 race result wasn't the only thing I overestimated that day.  As soon as the meet ended, I jumped on the school bus to head back to civilization, and we stopped in at McDonald's halfway back.  I was pretty hungry, and I was just thinking about how nice a couple burgers would taste.  One of my buddies next to me said he was going to go for 6 burgers, and I thought this was my time to beat someone at something on this trip.  I sucked at Ofsaa, and this was my one chance at success.  But I was wrong.  I ordered 4 burgers, a drink, and 3 fries, but after getting through half my meal, I was already auctioning off my final burger and the rest of my fries.  It really wasn't my day.  And don't expect to see me at another McDonald's for a long time.  Anyways, it's good to be back at home, to give myself a chance at a few fast 1500's this upcoming week.  I'll be running on the weekend, as well as the 18th (1500m Night), and I need a PB!  And I also need to get back to school and hand in my English project!  Goodbye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment