7.17.2011

I Think I'm Coming Down With Something

It seems as if I have come down with some sort of disease.  From what I know, it's called michaeljordan-itis, also known by some as lancearmstrong-nia.  The symptoms of this disease have caused me to call off my "recovery time", and get back on the track one last time to go for a final PB.  And a PB is exactly what I did*.  Yes, that asterisk is there for a reason, as this PB was hand-timed because it wasn't even an actual race.  In fact, it was more of an 800m time trial with a little help, being paced for the first 500.  I ended up negative splitting a 1:57.9h (59, 58) which is only marginally more respectable than my previous best of 1:59.64.  But as the old saying goes, a PB is a PB (Maybe it's not an old saying, but you get the point).  My training partner also had a watch on me for 1:58 flat, so it's definitely a PB.  After my last race on Wednesday, I felt as if I was fit enough to run an 800m PB on my own, even if it wasn't going to be an official electronic time.  Also, I didn't really have enough time to wait for an 800m race, because I still want some solid time to recover before I gear up for cross country.  So, I went to the track on Friday, and finished the season for good.  No more track season comebacks for me, I'll wait for next year.  It actually feels a little strange not getting up every morning to go for a run, so I've been relying on the Tour de France to keep myself occupied for at least a few hours of the day.  Apart from that, I've basically been doing a whole lot of relaxing, and i'm cool with that.  GO SCHLECK!

No comments:

Post a Comment