7.14.2011

Time to Recover

My track season is done.  I wrapped things up last night with a 1500m at the Toronto International Track and Field Games, and I came away with another mediocre performance, running 4:00.11 for 7th place on a windy night.  It's too bad that I wasn't able to break through and go under 3:58 last night, but I raced well, and closed in 46 seconds so there are a few positives to take away from the race.  Apart from the actual race, the entire day was awesome!  Nike put on a full-day clinic for all the high school runners where we got to chat with some of the Pros before the race, as well as getting decked out in new race gear, and a runnerspace interview! (see below)  Not to mention watching the actual meet, which was great to see in Toronto.  Walter Dix, Perdita Felicien, Dylan Armstrong, and Jared Connaughton highlighted the meet, and numerous fast times and big throws made it really exciting for the fans.  Hopefully the National Track League will continue to grow next year, and help raise the sport of Track and Field in Canada.  So now that my racing is officially over, I will completely shut down for the next few days, and get fully recovered before my build up to the upcoming cross country season.  Also, I only have another 3 weeks until I head up north to Alaska, and begin my University running career!

Click the link below to see my runnerspace interview.
Kevin Rooke - Be A Pro Clinic - Toronto International Track and Field Games 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment