4.03.2011

Spring is here! And you know what that means...

This past week has shown what living in Toronto is all about! After a flash snowstorm ten days ago, we've been consistently at a balmy 10 degrees for most of this week.  Spring has finally arrived in T-Dot, and I couldn't be happier!
After a winter of slipping on icy roads and heaps of snow (precipitation falling from the sky in the form of ice crystals - for all my american readers), I am practically salivating at the opportunity to run in a t-shirt without suffering from frostbite.  
Additionally, my days on the indoor track are done! It was a great way to get in a solid workout on a snowy day, but I've had enough of the sharp turns and stuffy air.  And the lack of places to spit after a workout really was a deal-breaker.  On the outdoor track, the rain washes it all away, and you don't have anyone yelling at you about it!
And I know all the ladies are going to like this one.  As the warmer weather approaches, the days of shirt-on workouts are numbered.  Soon enough, shirts will only serve to wipe sweat off my face, as I prance around the outdoor track wearing nothing more than a pair of way-too-short-to-be-shorts shorts.

But on a more serious note, the outdoor track season will also be my last of high school, as I will be going off to University this fall.  I am in great shape now, and I really think that if things go my way, I will be poised to challenge for the podium in a few big races this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment