6.17.2011

Ready to Rumble

Well, I'm heading out to London tomorrow for 1500m Night and it looks like it will be a great day to race.  There are 127 entries in the men's 1500m so far, and on the lightning fast Western track, you can bet on more than a few blazing times.  I expect that I'll be placed in the 2nd heat tomorrow, with about 12 other guys with PBs of between 3:57 and 3:59.  It's going to be great weather, so there will be no excuses tomorrow.  I had a perfect week of workouts as well, so I'm excited.  Wednesday was the big one where we started the workout off with a 3:08.2 1200m time trial, which is 3:55 pace.  If you recall, in Human Jousting, I was getting excited over a 3:17 1200m, which turned into a 4:03 at Metros.  Clearly I'm in better 1500m shape now, but we'll have to wait see how things go tomorrow night.  In other news I had my last full day of high school today!   It's hard to believe that four years have gone by so quickly, but you know what they say, "time flies when you're having fun".  I have to give a shout out to all my friends at Don Mills C.I. for keeping it real, and for 4 years of awesome memories that I'll never forget!

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck tonight! I'll be at the race as well, but sadly won't be anywhere near your seed time. I hope you get that PB you've been hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Good luck to you as well!

    ReplyDelete